Richest CA in India
Richest CA in India are like financial experts. They do more than just work with numbers. Some CAs have become very rich by being really good at understanding money.
What Chartered Accountants Do: CAs are not just people who deal with numbers. They’re like smart helpers for individuals and businesses. They guide them through tricky money stuff, make sure everything follows the rules, and give really good money advice.
Let’s get a brief introduction to them one by one:
1. Kumar Mangalam Birla
- Mr. Kumar Mangalam Birla is one of the richest CA in India is the Chairman of the Indian multinational Aditya Birla Group, which operates in 41 countries across six continents.
- He is a Chartered Accountant and holds an MBA degree from the London Business School.
- He is a Chartered Accountant and holds an MBA degree from the London Business School.
- After the sudden demise of his father, Aditya Birla, in 1995, Kumar took the reins of the family business at the young age of 28.
- Under his leadership, the Aditya Birla Group expanded its operations across multiple sectors, including metals, cement, textiles, financial services.
- Kumar Mangalam Birla’s CA background played a crucial role in the growth of the Aditya Birla Group.
- His financial acumen, understanding of taxation laws, and strong analytical skills allowed him to navigate the complex world of business.
2. Rakesh Jhunjhunwala
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, popularly known as the “Warren Buffett of India,” is one of the greatest stock market investors and Richest CA in India has ever seen.
- His father was an Income Tax Officer. So it was due to his father that he got interested in the stock markets.
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala was an Indian billionaire business magnate, chartered accountant, stock trader, and investor.
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala was born on July 5, 1960, and was a stock market veteran. He grew up in Mumbai, where his father worked as an income tax officer.
- Jhunjhunwala was also a Certified Chartered Accountant (CA) and completed his education in 1985. After completing his CA degree, he wanted to enter the stock market.
- He was married to Rekha Jhunjhunwala, who is also a stock market investor.
- Entered the stock market in the early 1980s with a small investment in a few stocks. In 1985, Jhunjhunwala invested Rs 5,000 as capital.
- He started out as a small investor but quickly developed a keen interest in the stock market and financial markets.
3. Deepak Parekh
- Deepak Parekh is one of the most respected businessmen of the country.
- Deepak Parekh was educated at St. Xavier’s High School, Mumbai.
- He later completed his Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) degree from Sydenham College, University of Mumbai.
- He went to England in 1965 and qualified as a chartered accountant there.
- He has also completed his Chartered Fellowship from the Indian Institute of Bankers (CAIIB).
- He was the first international recipient of the ICAI Award of Excellence in England and Wales in 2010.
4. Naina Lal Kidwai
- As the chairman (India) and director (Asia-Pacific) at HSBC, Naina Lal Kidwai’s professional journey has been one of firsts.
- The milestones she’s achieved have also been path-breaking in the world of business.
- She started a career in chartered accounting in India right out of college and then moved on to experience being the first Indian woman to go to Harvard Business School.
- She’s the first Indian woman to graduate from Harvard Business School.
- She is the first woman to guide the functioning of a foreign bank in India.
- She’s also the first woman president of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
5. Piyush Goyal
- Shri Piyush Goyal (59) is the Minister of Commerce and Industry, Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Textiles and Leader of the Rajya Sabha.
- The first Minister of Commerce and Industry of independent India was Shyama Prasad Mukherjee. The current minister is Piyush Goyal of the Bharatiya Janata Party. Goyal succeeded Suresh Prabhu on May 31, 2019.
- Piyush Vedprakash Goyal (born June 13, 1964) is an Indian politician and chartered accountant serving as a Cabinet Minister in the Government of India, holding the portfolios of Minister of Textiles, Minister of Commerce and Industry, and Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food, and Public Distribution.
- He was promoted to the position of Cabinet Minister on September 3, 2017.
- He is currently a Member of Parliament from the Rajya Sabha in the state of Maharashtra and is also the current Leader of the House of Representatives in the Rajya Sabha.
- Piyush Goyal is a chartered accountant and studied law at the University of Mumbai. He was educated at Don Bosco High School in Matunga.
6. Suresh Prabhu
- Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu (born July 11, 1953) is an Indian politician and Chancellor of Rishihood University who was the Minister of Civil Aviation, Railways, Commerce, and Industry in the First Modi Ministry.
- He is a Chartered Accountant by profession and a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI).
- Since 1996, Prabhu has retained the seat of Member of Parliament from the Rajapur Lok Sabha constituency in Maharashtra as a member of the political party Shiv Sena (SS).
- He quit the Shiv Sena and joined the BJP on November 9, 2014. Since June 2016, he has represented Andhra Pradesh and Haryana in the Rajya Sabha.
- Suresh Prabhu completed his schooling from Sharadashram Vidya Mandir, Dadar, Mumbai, and later completed his Bachelor of Commerce with Honours from M.L. College. Dahanukar, Vile Parle, Mumbai.
7. Swaminathan Gurumurthy
- Swaminathan Gurumurthy (born 1949) is the editor of the Tamil political weekly Tughlaq.
- He is an active supporter of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh movement and is often referred to as an ideologue in the media.
- He is a chartered accountant by profession. He is the co-founder of the RSS branch, Swadeshi Jagaran Manch.
- He was born into a Tamil Brahmin family, Vadama, in the South Arcot district (Madras Presidency). He is the co-founder of the RSS branch, Swadeshi Jagaran Manch.
- He is considered a Hindu nationalist ideologue; he mentioned that he is not involved in electoral politics based on the opinions of Swami Chandrasekharendra Saraswati.
- Gurumurthy’s articles in The Indian Express caused a stir in the corporate world as they publicly highlighted the culture of corruption within the troubled conglomerate.
- IndiaToday magazine ranked him 30th in its list of the 50 most notable people in India in 2017.
Must Visit: Best CA Coaching Classes in India
8. CA Radhe Shyam Agarwal
- Radhe Shyam Agarwal was born in Kolkata, West Bengal, India on February 18, 1946. He is also known as R. S. Agarwal.
- He completed his higher education from St. Xavier’s College, Calcutta.
- He has completed his CA certificate from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and his CS certificate from the Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
- His name is the most popular in the business field when we talk about top Indian companies.
- He is the co-founder and executive chairman of Emami, which is the most successful company in the personal care and medical automobile segments.
- He is a popular Indian entrepreneur and is among the 100 richest people in India. As of 2015, his net worth was around $1.43 billion.
- He joined the Aditya Biral Group in 1970, where he served as Vice President.
9. CA Mohandas Pai
- Mohandas Pai, a qualified CA, is an influential business leader who served as the Chief Financial Officer of Infosys, a global IT services company.
- CA Mohan Das, the pride of our profession, received the title of ‘India’s Best CFO’ from Finance Asia magazine. Additionally, his tenure at Infosys spans over 10 years
- TV Mohandas Pai is an Indian businessman and philanthropist. He is currently the Chairman of Manipal Global Education.
- He was a former board member of Infosys and head of administration, education, research, finance and human resources at the Infosys Leadership Institute.
- Mohandas studied at St. Joseph’s Indian High School, Bangalore. Later, he earned a Bachelor of Commerce from St. Joseph’s College of Commerce, Bangalore, and subsequently obtained a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from Bangalore University.
- Mohandas Pai joined Infosys in 1994 and was a member of the board of directors from May 2000 to July 2011.
- He was also a member of the Kelkar Committee set up by the Ministry of Finance, Government of India to reform direct taxes, the Committee on Taxation of Non-Residents, the influential Committee on E-Commerce and Taxation.
- He was a member of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) from September 12 to July 16. He was a member of the empowered committee for setting up the Government of India Tax Information Network.
10. Keshav R. Murugesh
- Keshav R. Murugesh is the Group CEO and Member of the Board of Directors of NYSE-listed WNS Holdings, a leading global business process management (BPM) company.
- Over the past decade, he has led the growth of WNS to become a strategic digital transformation and innovation partner for more than 600 clients across multiple industries and geographies. He is currently based in London, UK.
- Recognized by CNBC International as a “Turk of Change,” Keshav, a Certified Public Accountant, has held leadership positions throughout his three-decade professional career. Before WNS, he headed Syntel, Inc., and ITC Limited (a subsidiary of BAT Plc).
- As Chairman of Nasscom in 2019-20 during the COVID-19 crisis, Keshav worked closely with Nasscom executives and the Government of India to bring a work-from-anywhere model to the Indian IT-BPM industry through a historic policy change.
- He was also the Chairman of NASSCOM Consumer Protection Task Force. Keshav was featured in the National Geographic documentary series Mega Icons.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Who is the richest CA in India?
Ans: Kumar Mangalam Birla holds the title of the richest CA in India.
Q2: Who is the CA of Tata Motors?
Ans: CA Satish Singh is the Chartered Accountant of Tata Motors.
Q3: Is CA the king of careers?
Ans: People often refer to the Chartered Accountant (CA) course as the “king of careers” because, upon completion, it provides various rewarding job prospects.
Q4: Which job is equal to CA?
Ans: ACCA is considered to be equivalent to CA and ACCA professionals are hired at the same salary in most companies such as PwC, KPMG, Deloitte, EY, Grant Thornton and BDO.