CA Articleship training is mandatory as part of the CA curriculum. The duration of this training is 2 years, during which the student enrolls himself as a Chartered Accountant to understand and learn these concepts effectively. It is a continuous, hands-on learning experience that exposes CA aspirants to the reality of CA fellowship. The CA curriculum is designed in a way that allows the student to gain both theoretical depth and practical coverage. This promotes better overall development, imparts useful skills, and shapes people to be solution-seekers.
WHAT IS CA ARTICLESHIP?
The CA articleship, also known as articled training, is a practical training program that CA (Chartered Accountancy) students receive as part of their professional education. During the course period, CA students work under the guidance and supervision of a practicing Chartered accountant. The current period of articleship in India is 2 years.
How to choose an ideal firm for Articleship?
Choosing the ideal firm for an articleship, a critical step in a chartered accountant’s journey, involves considering various factors. Here are the key points to help you to make your decision:
- Reputation: Choose companies with a good reputation in the industry. Expect recognition, awards, or positive feedback from past interns.
- Size of the Firm: Consider the size of the company based on your preferences. Larger firms may offer a variety of exposure opportunities, while smaller firms may provide a more cohesive environment.
- Training Programs: Evaluate the company’s training programs. The ideal firm will have structured training initiatives, mentoring opportunities, and a clear path for your professional development.
- Areas of Specialization: Combine your firm’s specialization with your career goals. Select a firm that focuses on the specific areas of accounting or finance that interest you.
- Work Culture: Examine the work culture. A positive and supportive work environment promotes better learning. Talk to current or past articleship trainees to gain valuable information.
- Networking Opportunities: Look for firms that promote networking. Having access to a strong professional network can improve your career prospects after completing the Articleship.
Also Read: Top 10 Richest CA in India- 2023
Top 5 Firms for CA Articleship Training
With more than 200,000 professionals in 150 countries, Deloitte is considered one of the largest professional services networks in the world. It provides services in the areas of auditing & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax, and similar services, etc.
2. Price Waterhouse Coopers (PWC)
Price Waterhouse Coopers (hereinafter referred to as ‘PWC’), headquartered in London, with 280,000 professionals working in 157 countries around the world, is considered the second largest professional network in ‘the world.
3. Ernst & Young (EY)
Formerly known as EY, it is the world’s third-largest provider of professional services. Headquartered in London, it is one of the top four CA firms in India.
While at EY, the trainee, while pursuing CA, gets exposure to work that extends to advisory and advisory services, tax services and advisory, Business advisory services, etc.
Klynveld Main Goerdeler (KPMG), with its headquarters in Amstelveen, the Netherlands, is among the top four CA companies. It is also listed as one of the largest professional service networks in the world.
It works as an audit, tax, and consulting firm, which is further divided into several functions.
5. Binder Seidman International Group (BDO)
BDO is known as the Binder Seidman International Group, which has established companies in Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Over time, the name BDO came from the initials of three European companies: Binder (England), Dijker (Netherlands), and Otte (Germany).
With more than 80,000 employees spread across 162 countries, it is ranked as the fifth largest accounting network in the world, offering services such as assurance, tax, advisory, Business services and outsourcing, digital services, consulting, and assisting both international companies. in a variety of different industries.
The journey to becoming a Chartered Accountant involves a fundamental phase known as articleship, which holds a main role in shaping the professional growth and development of CA students. This phase facilitates the bridging of the gap between theoretical knowledge and practical application, offering valuable insights, technical skills, and real-world experience. Articleship exposes students to a variety of assignments, guides experienced mentors and offers opportunities to develop soft skills and a professional network. This comprehensive development approach not only prepares students for the CA Final exams but also equips them with the necessary tools for success in their future careers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: What factors should I consider when choosing a company for a CA internship?
Ans: Consider things like the company’s reputation, educational opportunities, networking opportunities, and different types of exposure to different financial sectors.
Q2: How do I apply for CA internships at top companies?
Ans: Go to the job page of the company you want and apply online. Tailor your resume to highlight relevant skills and experience.
Q3: Are CA internships paid?
Ans: Yes, most CA internships offer competitive salaries or stipends. Compensation can vary between companies, so it’s a good idea to do some research and compare.
Q4: Do tech companies provide CA internships?
Ans: Yes, tech giants like Google and Microsoft offer CA courses that combine finance and technology. These opportunities can expose you to new jobs.